Saturday, March 20, 2010

Old poem I wrote a long time ago

My Christmas Wish...

Christmas used to be my favorite time of year because I had you to spread Christmas cheer. But since you've been gone all that cheer has gone too.
My Christmas wish is to have one more day with you.
Another day to laugh with you
Another day to cry with you
Another day to smile at you
Another day to watch your Soap Operas with you.
Since you've been gone Christmas hasn't been the same there is no more cheer only fear.
Fear that I'll forget your smile
Fear that I'll forget your laugh
Fear that I'll forget your voice
Fear that I'll forget you.
My Christmas tree isn't the same without your touch. My house is empty without your spirit
So My Christmas wish is one more day with you. But until that day comes true…
A headstone will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment